Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fanny Sturén - African Art


I went to see Richard Philips exhibition with Lindsay Lohan the other day, which I think was really beautiful and interesting, I loved how he painted pictures from the movie. The exhibition also got me thinking about how women and their bodies are exposed in our culture today. At the same time I thought about how I look, always dressed in black, and always drawing with grey pencils.

I wanted to find something with color, that challenged my own drawing. I love how the african art has no space without color, there's always a distinction between the sky and the ground, made with color. The drawings looks simple but with a lot of movement, which I think is fascinating. Women are portrayed as joyful, often dancing or working, and they always wear amazing clothes with color and patterns.








No comments:

Post a Comment