Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Form/Volume of the Ancient Vikings





So, this time around I drew and began to see forms in the forms.  And those forms turned into other forms. And so made new forms that were recognizable! Like, when I played around in drawing one of the viking boats - the image was of a boat from a front angle a little at an angle - I condensed and expanded it and found that when I condensed it, it looked like a seashell and when I stretched it, it began to take on the form of a shoe or foot (and a couple sketches later, a letter 'G').  It's was so cool! (not to be corny :/) So I played around with the seashell shape and came out with something that looked like folded paper; I re-drew that and came up with a diamond shape with bended lines.  I revised the lines and ended up with this pretty, triangular, diamond-y shape.

I made a shield.  An abstract shield. And the colors I used attempt to reflect the livelihood of the Ancient Vikings.

No comments:

Post a Comment