Monday, October 10, 2011

Creative Sept. 28th Homework

This is my redo for my still life of my fruit/croissant/coffee on the table. I think i was able to achieve more roundness of the banana.



During this creative assignment, I learned I really am attracted to patterns and negative spaces. This particular image is a rose and would be nothing without its negative spaces.



This is a term i looked up in the American Heritage dictionary. This term means seize the day. I find hands particular hard to draw but I took a shot. This reference is from Michelangelo's piece.



This piece I did as a filter. My filter was I did not pick up my hand the whole time i was drawing this.


This was a pattern I took from a carpet and I think was successful because of its negative space. I love texture and pattern.


I took two of the drawings above and used a copy machine to make it very small. I think they are maybe even more successful as little icons!



I used guerra paint to create my design above. It imitates two drawings above this one but uses color.


This drawing is used other tools to create it. I used guerra paint and a sponge to create texture of the rose. I think the sponge gave it a unique effect and created a great texture.



This drawing used different points of view. The drawing on the left is of the palm tree zoomed out and in the drawing on the right, I zoom in.



This drawing I used my right hand and then did the drawning again with my left hand to step out of the box. I realized that my left hand is a bit more shaky and not as precise since I am not as comfortable with it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leslie!

    I just wanted to comment on your last drawing (right/left hand) and say that I think there is something great about your left hand cupcake that is missing in the right hand cupcake! If you look at the paper wrapper it looks a lot more realistic! Really nice! I was surprised how difficult it was, since I haven't tried it since I was little. I tried doing it at the same time and the left hand was a lot slower but the end result was good which was very surprising! Oh, and the right hand in the "carpe diem" drawing looks very vibrant and in movement!

    ReplyDelete