Thursday, December 1, 2011

Meredith Dawson creative projects



Here is a digital collage of my final project, but I don't plan on using its color palate--I created it more to give me a sense of where to place everything on the page. Even though this collage was taped to my wall, I ended up trancing out and creating the other piece--I worked on it every night to try to bring more detail back into it but it just wasn't happening, I guess. I worked and scrubbed these pastels onto this surface really hard and then rubbed and smeared the colors with a rag once my fingers got too sore from doing it. Here is what I like about what I did in this one: some ghostly people ended up popping out of the picture, I don't know if you can see that, and that is part of my theme.

1 comment:

  1. Meredith, this collage is BEAUTIFUL!! You are crazy to think otherwise... honestly, you should have made THREE very DIFFERENT versions of these elements (or used a variety of images to represent each element). NOTE: again, your original drawing for this was more square...I liked the sense of balance in that. IN FACT< why not do the SQUARER collage and then work off of whichever is better.

    AND if you see ghostly people, make a small collage of THAT part and SHOW us what you see!! That is a HUGE point of what you are exploring.

    Lastly, Work on the OVERLAY of drawing on paint and I would draw on a printout of the collage as well. THEN, can you print out TWO copies of your favorite and bring the pastels, various materials you enjoy to class and we will draw OVER the drawn over collage work. WHEW HEW!!!

    Be well Tom

    ReplyDelete