Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My experience with Kim

Hello Guys,


Tom asked me to describe how I felt like when drawing Kim in class and what was different from the other models we drew before.


Well, I have to say that observation drawing is not my favorite way of expressing my drawing skills. Specially when Tom asks us to forget the lines, to "come from inside to outside", not to look at the drawing and etc. It is hard for me. I'm a line person, even when I'm ice skate dancing with the crocodile, if you know what I mean.


Focusing back, that day with Kim was really different for me and the whole situation of observing and drawing seemed so much more fun and creative. All her curves and beautiful poses dragged me into this "room" where was only me, my charcoal, paper and her sweet and soft movements. My hand was moving fast but the gestures were just as soft as what I was seeing.


At first I thought the fact that she is not skinny as other models we had seen, I could see those beautiful details that I couldn't see before. But after reflecting about it, I notice that actually, that day what happened was that I realized how the human body, generally talking has curves that despite its size, can be noticed with patience and detailed observation.


I guess this result made me change a little bit about how to see and observe some things, not only work wise, but in my life.


As we have talked in class, I think I was not the only to feel that way.

See you!

Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment