Friday, September 16, 2011

Here is my first collage, and I apologize in advance for its crudeness. It is an elephant scratching its butt on an Airbus A380. I chose to do this collage for many reasons. When planes are in the sky, we often make analogies to birds, but when they are grounded they look more like elephants to me--bulky yet somehow graceful in their poise. The reason the elephant is scratching its butt on the airplane is because sometimes I hate airplanes, but I almost never hate elephants. The weather looks pretty ominous, which probably gives the elephant an added pleasure.

The photo of the itchy elephant is courtesy of Michael and Linda's travel blog to Africa. There are more where these came from there.

Thanks, and I look forward to posting the second collage and seeing everyone else's work.

3 comments: