Friday, September 16, 2011


My first collage above is a little boy with a man's body. This collage is meant to make a parody on the fact that some men never grow up. I feel as if I come across immature men everywhere I turn. Whether it's on a subway or in a cafe, I often overhear conversations from grown men sounding as immature as this 8 year old boy as pictured in the collage. Some men will never get tired of playing Wii or reading comic books. I am not saying all men are immature. However, I feel that there are many 8 year olds trapped in the bodies of grown men.




This collage I made from fabric I picked up from Utrecht, Guerra paint, and water. I absolutely fell in love with this fabric and to me it screams ocean. So, I decided to paint a fish and a coral reef. I also added droplets of water on the piece that may or may not have appeared in the photograph.

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, the "ocean" piece feels like a myth or a treasure hunt. I love that sensation of traveling through time and space!!
    The man/boy, is cool, I would love to see other versions of how you see this parody as the suit 'almost' looks like a boys too...could it be more obvious?? Try some more versions if you get a chance as the idea is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ocean collage is gorgeous--great use of color and texture :)

    the man-boy is very John Currin!

    ReplyDelete