Thursday, November 10, 2011

creative project drawings





here are some drawings I've made to help push my creative project along. Although they look rather rough, I feel like I'm making more headway this week than in previous ones. I need to make more sketches or make a collage to piece the elements together in a way that demonstrates aesthetic value (and therefore significance), but the only way to do it is to keep practicing and studying the artists who are good at it.

I'm hesitant to use more of my fancy ochre paper, but I'm going to have to get over this because I feel it's time to start refining it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Meredith, these are really taking shape! I, as the viewer, can really feel them. The last one is most engaging as a "space" that I can move through, this is the one I would create a collage for! (before you do that, you may want to draw a 5 minutes study questioning what is happening on the R and Top edges as they seem to end abruptly...wonder, what is the story there? What is most important and make sure they end because they are DONE, not just because the paper ran out or you don't like drawing heads (not that you don't)....just make sure your decisions are clear!

    Can't wait to see the collages, that is one of your strong points!

    Be well Tom

    ReplyDelete