Wednesday, November 2, 2011

FINAL PROJECT



Drawing


Statement of intent

I want to make one original drawing that is made up with several shapes that make one whole image. Then make each individual shape on separate sheets of see-through paper. When the separate papers are put together all the shapes make one image again. The sheets will be but in some kind of installation (a box, frame, handing) with space between the sheets, so depending on where you are in the room you will see a different incomplete image when you look at the box/frame. The concept is that there each layer is representing a part of the image, but that isn't complete since it's not attached and not "perfect" until you look at the object straight on. It incorporates a lot of the things that I'm interested in now, and the fields I want to get better at and explore. I will be trying different materials to get the feel i want for the shapes and how to place them to make the experience of the artwork what I set it out to be!


Process:

1. Take picture

2. Abstract picture into shapes

3. Assign color fields to shapes, according to value and color meaning

4. Put the individual shapes onto separate see-through papers



in·com·plete
[in-kuhm-pleet]

1.
not complete; lacking some part.

in·com·plete
definition

Pronunciation: /ˌin-kəm-ˈplēt/ Function: adj1 of insectmetamorphosis : having no pupal stage between the immaturestages and the adult with the young insect usually resemblingthe adult compare COMPLETE 1, 2 of a bone fracture : notbroken entirely across compare COMPLETE 2, 3 : characterized by incomplete dominance

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR WORK.... I THIN ITS AMAZING WHAT YOU ARE EXPLORING... I REALLY WANT TO SEE HOW THE FINAL TURNS OUT .... GREAT JOB !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudine, since we spoke in person, I will wait until you complete the phases we discussed until I comment again.

    Be well Tom

    ReplyDelete