Thursday, November 3, 2011

Leslie Herscher- Creative Project

1. I intend to do a piece that emphasizes pattern and a lot of vivid color. I plan to do several postcards and each postcard will be a unique pattern. I am attracted to pattern and texture. I think it would be an exciting exploration for me. I really like working with color and I think Guerra paints allow me to capture really pigmented color. So, that is the medium I will use. I will paint on thick heavy weight paper. I plan to explore the subject by researching different pieces that have colorful pattern. I want the piece to have a joyful tone to it.

2. -Pattern:
A decorative design
A an arrangement of repeated or corresponding parts,decorative motifs.

-Texture: The visual and especially tactile quality of a surface

-Joyful: causing or bringing joy, as an event, a sight, or news;delightful

Inspiration:


3. I will use stamps to create patterns like I have explored below:


1 comment:

  1. Leslie, consider working these at a large scale, scanning and shrinking so that they can be VERY detailed.

    I would also consider what colors you are using in your studies.

    Also, the patterns need "guidance", some over arching theme or purpose. What are the cards for? A holiday? A business announcement? New baby? Marriage? What? Create a SET, 4-6 that go together, but each are different.

    I would also consider INK! It is thinner (although you could get guerra to act like ink) and BRIGHT!

    Be well Tom

    ReplyDelete